23 Apr 40 things I learned in the last 40 years!
Well, I’m turning 40, and I’m Feeling Good! (cue Michael Bublé). It’s been quite the ride so far, so what better way to celebrate than share what I’ve picked up on over the years in beauty, business, and beyond? As I look back, there’s not a thing I would change. Everything I’ve experienced has led to my current being, and she’s loaded with some great tips!
I definitely still don’t have all of the answers, but I’ve certainly got enough to help you make your own life’s ride a lot easier. It’s a new dawn, it’s a new day… bookmark this page to remember these key tips to your best life.
Here are 40 things I learned in the last 40 years.
- Apologize less, thank more, and don’t be afraid to say no.
- Remember to SMILE more, it’s contagious.
- If you want something badly enough, you’ll work as hard as possible for it.
- Use all of the gifts you’ve been given to spread your love and light.
- Never complain. Rather, embrace and appreciate the challenge.
- Write down your goals, have a schedule, and stick to them.
- Nobody’s perfect, so you don’t have to be – remember to take breaks and indulge.
- You’re going to go through phases, just let them happen.
- Disconnect every now and then to appreciate your surroundings.
- Prioritize the value you provide your customers before any payment.
- Don’t pay attention to how others might define you; it’s never real.
- Let go of your fears; that’s all made up too!
- Don’t forget to enjoy the little things.
- Don’t be lazy, make the time and put in the work!
- Choose peace, kindness, and laughter, even when things get hard.
- Find inspiration in everything around you; read more books!
- Beauty is in the eye of the beholder; we’re all beautiful in our own way!
- Fashion doesn’t have to be boring – let it express who you are!
- Who ever said glasses can’t be sexy? They’re canceled.
- Love and prioritize yourself in order to manifest your dreams.
- Not everything is about the next trend – make your own fashion trends.
- Building a business isn’t going to be easy, but completely worth the experience.
- You better have a lot of patience for this thing we call life!
- Surrender, let it go, and let go.
- Don’t be afraid to experiment with completely different styles.
- Remember that it’s okay to want to change your mind or do something new.
- Make time for your family and friends, they’re important too.
- Don’t let stereotypes stop you from being who you are.
- You can indeed be beauty, brains, and badass all in one.
- Take that leap of faith, you’ll never know if you don’t try.
- Nothing is that serious, take a breath and move forward.
- Life will knock you down and down again, but persevere and power through.
- Where you put your focus is where you receive your outcome.
- Set yourself free to embrace new experiences.
- Take care of your mind, body, and soul with meditation, hydration, and exercise.
- So what if people can see you singing to Beyoncé in traffic? No regrets.
- Be your own hero, and don’t let yourself down.
- You never have to explain yourself to anyone.
- A hot bath every now and then is good for the soul.
- Have a solid eye care routine and don’t miss a single eye appointment!